geico policy coverage
For most insurance companies Geico partners with, the types of insurance coverage described below are included in a standard policy. however, it is essential to read the terms and conditions of a home insurance policy before signing, as coverage can vary by insurance company.
- Home: This type of coverage pays for repairs or rebuilding if the structure of your home is damaged or destroyed. the amount of homeowners coverage must equal the appraised value of your home.
- Personal Property: This type of coverage pays to replace the contents of your home, such as clothing and furniture. Geico offers a calculator on their website to estimate how much coverage you’ll need.
- Other Structures: This type of coverage protects items that are not attached to the structure of the home, such as a detached garage, shed, or fence.
- Additional Living Expenses: This type of coverage includes hotel stays, meals, and other living expenses for the homeowner if they travel during covered repairs to their home.
- Medical Expenses: This type of coverage will take care of medical bills in the unfortunate event that a guest is injured in your home.
- Liability: This type of coverage includes property damage or bodily injury caused by you or members of your family who live in your household. personal liability coverage often even covers pet damage.
- Identity Theft Protection: Many policies offer an option to purchase identity theft protection. This plugin covers the costs if important pieces of your personal information, such as your social security number or credit card information, are stolen. this endorsement may cover the costs of credit repair services, legal fees, government ID replacement, and more.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage:Most standard policies limit coverage for special pieces of personal property, such as musical instruments, jewelry, fine art, furs, antiques, and firearms. choosing additional coverage for them can ensure these items are protected for their full value.
- Water Boost: Most standard policies cover sudden and accidental water damage due to broken pipes, broken systems and appliances, or wind-driven rain. Backwater coverage covers other types of water damage beyond these conditions, including damage from trapped water in your home due to a clogged drain, groundwater or sewage seepage, and backed up sump pumps.
- hoa loss assessment: homes belonging to a community of owners, or hoa, are responsible for a portion of the damage or loss in common areas. A hoa loss assessment endorsement can protect homeowners from paying those costs out of pocket.
- Replacement Cost Coverage: Homeowners insurance offers two types of coverage. Actual cost value, or ACV, covers a product for its price after depreciation, which means less money paid if you need to file a claim. Replacement Cost Value, or RCV, replaces 100% of the product’s original value. this coverage usually results in a higher sum paid out in the event of an insurance claim.
geico customers have several additional coverage options to customize the protection of their home. Please note that the exact options for recommendations may vary depending on the supplier that Geico suggests.
Common additional options include these:
Remember that any additional coverage you choose to purchase will increase your homeowners insurance rates.
A policy negotiated through Geico can also offer you flood insurance, which is particularly helpful for those in coastal states like Florida, California or the Carolinas. The National Flood Insurance Program, administered by FEMA, writes flood policies throughout the United States.