Laws and regulations regarding autocycles, such as the Honda Polaris, vary from state to state.
More information on motorcycle license and registration requirements by state can be found here.
Reading: How much is insurance on a slingshot
This page will provide you with details on how to obtain insurance for your motorcycle or slingshot.
We’ll go over the requirements, what to expect, and some tips for getting the best deal.
Start comparing quotes today to see how much you can save on your slingshot insurance.
polaris slingshot insurance requirements
autocycles, like the polaris slingshot, are 3-wheeled vehicles that share characteristics more similar to a car than a motorcycle.
But, just like cars and motorcycles, you’ll need to have insurance to drive and register it.
Autocycles can have a bucket seat, a seat belt, a steering wheel, a passenger seat, and other features you’d find in a car.
the nhtsa and most insurance providers define autocycles as a type of motorcycle.
However, licensing and registration requirements vary from state to state. Some require a valid motorcycle license, while others allow you to operate a Honda with a standard driver’s license.
Your insurance policy for a slingshot must meet your state’s minimum liability coverage requirements.
See also: Expert Picks: Farmers Insurance Open
To get a quote, you will need to provide:
- your name.
- your address.
- your driver’s license number.
- your date of birth.
- your marital status.
- your driving experience.
- your driving record.
- vin, year, make, model and ccs of the autocycle.
- Bodily injury liability coverage.
- property damage liability coverage.
- collision coverage, which pays for damages resulting from a collision regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage, which pays for damage and theft outside of a collision with another vehicle or stationary object.
- gap coverage and total loss coverage.
- coverage of personal belongings and transported content.
- coverage of accessories and equipment.
- roadside assistance.
- Your age and demographics.
- Your driving record, accident history, and claim history.
- where you live.
- How often do you ride a bike?
- the current value of your moped.
- the type of coverage you need.
- your limits and deductibles.
- discounts that may apply to your situation. (see below).
- Find and compare quotes from a few different providers.
- Call the insurance company to speak directly with an agent during the quote process.
- find an insurance provider that specializes in honda coverage (and know what the vehicle is).
- owner discount.
- valid motorcycle endorsement discount.
- current motorcycle coverage discount.
- discount of several policies.
- package discount (car, boat, trailer, rv insurance).
- motorcycle safety course.
- riding club membership discount.
what does motorcycle insurance cover?
To register and operate your motorcycle on public roads, you will need to have an active insurance policy in most states.
Most insurance providers will treat a car like a motorcycle when it comes to rates, policy options, and discounts.
However, there are some insurance providers that may treat a motorcycle policy more like auto insurance. and there are even some insurance companies that specialize in policies for your slingshot.
Like an auto insurance or motorcycle insurance policy, your motorcycle coverage must meet at least your state’s minimum requirements for liability insurance.
Some states may also require uninsured and underinsured coverage, as well as medical payments or PIP coverage.
Your liability coverage kicks in when you are responsible for a collision that causes injury, death, or damage.
Beyond that, you’ll be able to select other types of coverage based on your needs and budget.
Popular coverages for motorcycles and slingshots often include:
how much is the insurance of a slingshot/moped?
On average, afull coverage policy for your slingshot will cost between $350 and $1,200 per year.
See also: 2020 Farmers Insurance Open final results: Prize money payout and leaderboard
The final cost of your slingshot insurance will depend on:
If you’re just beginning the process of comparing motorcycle quotes online, you may have a few problems.
Because autocycles, like the Honda, are generally classified as motorcycles for insurance purposes, the rates that are returned can be very high due to the larger engines of these vehicles.
Because Hondas and other autocycles have relatively high engine cc’s for a motorcycle, some insurance companies may classify them as a “super bike,” a sports bike, or a high-horsepower motorcycle. this can significantly increase rates.
To get the most reasonable price for your slingshot insurance premiums, you’ll need:
Some insurance companies are better than others at defining and writing motorcycle policies.
slingshot insurance discounts
A great way to save on the cost of your slingshot insurance policy is to apply for all available discounts that you may qualify for.
You may be able to enter them during the quote process, or you may need to call and speak to an insurance agent.
Common discounts you can apply to your motorcycle insurance include:
Although a motorcycle license is not required in every state to operate a Honda, having a valid motorcycle license can greatly reduce your premiums.
Alternatively, you can complete an MSF motorcycle safety course for an additional discount. You can usually do this regardless of whether or not you have a motorcycle license.
Again, the best way to save on your Honda insurance will be to compare quotes from a few different providers.
See also: When to Skip Insurance and Pay for a Car Accident Privately