- The average cost of Camaro insurance is $2,112 per year for a full coverage policy, depending on trim level.
- the cheapest camaro model to insure is the 1 lt convertible at about $1,954 per year, or about $163 per month.
- the camaro ranks 12th out of 23 vehicles in the 2022 sports car class for auto insurance affordability.
- Insuring teenagers can be very expensive. Chevrolet Camaro auto insurance costs $7,652 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $7,118 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $6,638 per year for an 18 year old driver.
- Clean up your credit to lower your rates. In states that have laws that allow a policyholder’s credit score to be used to generate rates, having a good credit score of over 800 could save a minimum of $332 per year compared to a slightly lower credit score between 670-739. conversely, a below-average credit score could cost up to $384 more per year.
- Your job could save you a few bucks. Most auto insurance providers offer policy discounts for working in professions such as elementary and secondary school teachers, military, engineers, medical technicians emergency, farmers, and other occupations. Getting this discount applied to your policy could save between $63 and $159 on your Chevrolet Camaro insurance bill, depending on your age.
- High-risk camaro insurance is expensive. For a 30-year-old driver, the requirement to purchase a high-risk policy could result in a rate increase of $2,562 or more per year.
- find lower rates by qualifying for policy discounts. discounts may be available if policyholders own homes, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, are accident-free, belong to certain professional organizations or many other policy discounts that could save the average driver up to $360 per year.
how much is insurance on a camaro?
Ranked #12 out of 23 vehicles in the sports car class, Camaro auto insurance rates average $2,112 a year, or about $176 a month. With the average sports car costing $2,152 a year to insure, Camaro insurance costs $40 less each year.
The table below shows the average cost of auto insurance for a 2022 Chevrolet Camaro rated for different driver ages and risk profiles.
To help you understand how variable insurance rates are for a camaro, consider the fact that insuring a vintage camaro with just liability insurance in some parts of illinois or north carolina can cost as little as $209 a year . For the same vehicle model year, the average cost of insurance for a speeding 16-year-old driver in specific Philadelphia zip codes may have to pay up to $13,082 a year for full coverage.
Some other notable rates and scenarios that can potentially get policy discounts include:
does it cost more to insure a camaro zl1 or ss?
The three most expensive Camaro models to insure are the Camaro 2SS Coupe, ZL1 Convertible, and ZL1 Coupe with trim levels around $2,256, $2,274, and $2,402 per year, respectively.
the cheapest camaro model to insure is the 1lt convertible at $1,954 per year. the next cheapest model to insure is the 1ls coupe at $1,958 per year. On average, plan to budget a minimum of $163 per month for a full coverage policy.
With 2022 Chevy Camaro insurance rates ranging from $1,954 to $2,402 per year on average, the cost difference between the cheapest and most expensive models is $448 per year.
The table below details the average annual and 6-month Chevrolet Camaro auto insurance rates, plus a monthly budget amount, for each 2022 model year and trim level.
where is the cost of camaro insurance located?
the chevrolet camaro ranks 12th out of 23 total comparison vehicles in the sports car category. Insuring the Camaro costs an average of $2,112 per year, while the average cost for the segment is $2,152 per year, a difference of $40 per year.
when rates are compared directly to the most popular models in the sports car category, insurance for a chevrolet camaro costs $504 more per year than a ford mustang, $58 less than a dodge challenger, $378 more than a subaru wrx and $190 more than the chevrolet corvette.
The table below shows how well the average Camaro insurance compares to all other cars in the 2022 sports car segment.
how much does teen camaro insurance cost?
Average auto insurance rates for a teen driver in a 2022 chevy camaro are expensive. prices range from the average cost of insuring a 19-year-old woman at $5,324 a year to insurance for a 16-year-old man at $7,652 a year.
there’s a good chance a teen will drive an older model camaro, instead of a new 2022 model, which will save a bit on insurance. The chart below shows the average auto insurance rates on a 2015 Chevy Camaro for male and female teen drivers, ages 16-19.
Teenagers are the most expensive age group to insure, and the Camaro’s performance doesn’t help matters. Any time a young, inexperienced driver receives a rating on any type of vehicle with above-average performance characteristics, the result will be very high auto insurance rates.
If maintaining full coverage is required, the only ways to lower the cost of insuring a teen in a camaro are to increase your physical damage deductibles or make sure you get every possible discount, including good student and training discounts. for drivers if you can.
if the camaro is old enough and in poor condition, then dropping full coverage may be an option. Liability insurance is only the cheapest policy available, as it does not cover losses such as collision, hail, fire, flood, theft, or vandalism.
Chevrolet Camaro Older Model Insurance Rates
The following sections detail Chevrolet Camaro insurance rates for each trim level for model years 2013 through 2021.
2021 chevy camaro insurance cost
Average insurance rates for a 2021 Chevy Camaro are $2,294 per year, or about $191 per month. Rates range from $1,934 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,886 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
2020 chevy camaro insurance cost
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Chevy Camaro are $1,912 per year, or about $159 per month. Rates range from $1,614 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,392 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
2019 chevy camaro insurance cost
Insurance rates for a 2019 Chevrolet Camaro average $1,804 per year, or about $150 per month. Rates range from $1,460 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,260 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
2018 chevy camaro insurance cost
2018 chevy camaro insurance rates average $1764 per year, or about $147 per month. the cost ranges from $1,428 a year for the camaro lt convertible to $2,202 for the camaro zl1 coupe.
2017 chevy camaro insurance cost
A 2017 Chevrolet Camaro costs an average of $1,596 per year for full coverage insurance, or about $133 per month. Rates range from $1,428 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,886 for the Camaro SS Coupe.
2016 chevy camaro insurance cost
The average cost of insurance for a 2016 Chevy Camaro is $1,546 per year, or about $129 per month. Rates range from $1,342 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,798 for the Camaro SS Coupe.
2015 chevy camaro insurance cost
Insurance rates average $1,540 per year for a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro, or about $128 per month. rates start at $1,230 per year for the camaro lt convertible to $1,952 for the camaro z/28 coupe.
2014 chevy camaro insurance cost
The average cost of insurance for a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro is $1,530 per year, or about $128 per month. rates range from $1,218 per year for the camaro lt convertible to $1,948 for the camaro z/28 coupe.
2013 chevy camaro insurance cost
Insurance rates for a 2013 Chevy Camaro average $1,380 per year, or about $115 per month. Rates range from $1,094 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,738 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.